Friday, 2 December 2016

2016 Dungeon Monthly Compilation

If you've been following my 'dungeon monthly' posts for any length of time, then you'll probably know that at the end of each year I connect all 12 of that year's maps together to form a huge dungeon level, and release it over on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.

Well, it's that time again...

Obviously, all the individual maps are still available for free in THIS ALBUM (for you to piece together however you like) - however, unlike the original 'dungeon monthly' versions, this compilation map is supplied as:
  • A pdf version of the entire level (supplied as parchment style handout).
  • A huge (50 pixel per grid square) jpeg image of the whole map - with a dark background.
  • A huge (50 pixel per grid square) jpeg image of the whole map - with a white background.

So if you've been thinking of running a mega-dungeon in the near future, or are looking to expand upon the 3 previous compilations (or would just like to show your support for the 'dungeon monthly' project), then you can pick up the 2016 Compilation  for the princely sum of $1 over on RPGNow & DriveThruRPG.

Thursday, 1 December 2016

Dungeon Monthly #48 (December 2016)

December is upon us once again (how time flies) that must mean that it's time for the last* 'dungeon monthly' map of the year!

And, because this is the last* one of the year, the 2016 compilation map will be following along shortly.
*though there are still a few 'bonus' geomorphs to come.

Also note that you can find unlabelled versions of all these 'dungeon monthly' maps in the following albums:

...and you can support the project over on Patreon.

Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Mine Geomorph #22 (patreon funded)

Here's the latest geomorph from the ongoing Patreon campaign :)

And, as always, thanks to everyone supporting the project!

(note that you can find all of these bonus mine geomorphs in THIS ALBUM)


One Mini Every Week #46 & #47

Once again, I've fallen behind with my posts (but not my painting) - so here's a quick look at what I've been up to these past couple of weekends...

On the left is another little dwarf mini (THIS ONE from Midlam Miniatures), and just like all the other 'heroes' I've been painting recently, this is another one that I feel has a suitable look for the Age of Shadow setting.

On the right is my first attempt at making something with air drying clay (and I'm using a 1kg packet of DAS that I picked up for £4). I'll admit that it's a very basic piece (and far from perfect) - but I'm happy with it for a first try :)

And finally...

...I've also made a few more (self adhesive) flowers to brighten up my bases a little :)

And that's it for this week. I can't believe that I've almost been at this for a year now, and I'm looking forward to taking a group photograph at the end of 2016 - to see just how much I've managed to get done in the space of a year.

Monday, 28 November 2016

New Map Bundle & Cyber Monday Offer


I'm pleased to announce that you can now get all of the 'Into the Darkness' maps in one bundled product...

When purchased separately these maps would normally cost $6 - but if you take advantage of this bundle deal you can get them all for just $4!

The 'Into the Darkness' bundle is available from both DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.


Furthermore, (for one day only) you can also pick up the 'Helroth's Tower' map-pack for just $1!

The 'Helroth's Tower' map pack is available from both DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.

Monday, 21 November 2016

Mine Geomorph #21 (patreon funded)

Here's the latest mine geomorph from the Patreon campaign...

As always, my thanks go out to all those supporting the project!

(note that you can find all of these bonus mine geomorphs in THIS ALBUM)

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

One Mini Every Week #45

For this week's project I've made a couple more pieces of 'creepy forest' scatter terrain, and slapped some paint on another little adventurer mini :)

* * *

The figure is from Midlam Miniatures (THIS ONE), and for some reason I had all sorts of trouble painting this one (though I can't fathom out why - so I must have just been having an off day) ...but it's turned out OK in the end :)

Next up was a little test piece to try and add some large cobwebs to the current set of scatter terrain (which looks kinda OK - but not OK enough to warrant me making more). But, for those who may be interested, the webs were made from a baby wipe that's been left to dry out overnight, and then pulled apart and soaked in PVA glue (much like I did in THIS post, when I made the web covering the spider eggs).

However, I'm much happier with the standing stone that's surrounded by a fairy ring of giant mushrooms (pictured above)...

...and, like before, the stone was just a piece of gravel (stolen) from the garden path, and the mushrooms are two different size 'brads' (i.e. the things you use to pin paper/card together) that have had their prongs clipped off and replaced with pieces of cocktail stick or BBQ skewer.

So, all in all, another productive week on the miniatures front ...or at least it was when measured against my usual snail's pace :)