Tuesday 1 February 2011

Tiles, tiles, and more tiles.

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I've recently been creating a few modular sci-fi tiles in a similar style to the sci-fi maps already on the site (though these new ones are slightly better in quality - due to the fact that the original maps were only made into printable battlemats as an afterthought). Well, the initial set is now done (3 pages crammed with as many tiles as I could fit) - so hopefully they'll be appearing with an adventure or two over on the Dungeon Plungin' Forums soon (after which I'll also add them to the site).

In addition to these, I've also created a few simple dungeon tiles for the guys who are developing the (free) Chronicles game. Initially, I was contacted to see if I would mind them linking to some of my existing tiles (which, of course, I didn't mind at all), but when I realised that they would actually prefer 3" wide corridors for their dungeons, I offered to create a new set to their specifications (albeit a fairly plain set). So, with any luck, these should also be surfacing soon :)

However, working on these tiles has meant that I've not really done much with the AoS campaign guide recently - especially since drawing the sci-fi tiles has piqued my interest in that genre again (and I'm now expanding on the aforementioned set - just to give it a bit more diversity).

But I'll no doubt get back to the campaign guide soon enough, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good RPG for an 'Aliens' style of game? (perhaps with a few 'Terminator' elements, and maybe a touch of 'Event Horizon').

No comments:

Post a Comment